Sacramento City College supports the success of disabled students through district Academic Accommodation Regulations which guide the use of "assistive equipment and materials," "testing accommodations...," and other programs and services on campus.
To discuss or appeal the use of student accommodations, including the Adaptive Testing Center call:
Academic Accommodations Policy (R-2731)
|Learning (dis) Abilities
|Disability Resource Center
Testing Center Hours
Contact Faculty Early
Schedule Class Exams
Using Adaptive Computers for Exams
Pick up Exam Accommodation Faculty Checklist
Allow Extra Time
Standardized Assessment Placement and Graduation Test
Remember your ID
Special Needs or Problems
Proctoring Room Rules
TESTING CENTER HOURS- Room A-3
|Mon to Thu:
||8:30 to 6:00
||8:30 to 12:00
||By appt. only
||(916) 558-2545 or
|(916) 558-2665 for appt.
(Exceptions to the testing hours above are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.)
- Bring copy of class schedule to A-2.
- Fill out request form at beginning of semester.
- Request letter of introduction and accommodation form go to instructor.
CONTACT FACULTY EARLY
- Review course syllabi for test frequency and style.
- Contact faculty personally to discuss eligibility and accommodations.
SCHEDULE CLASS EXAMS
- Reserve a time for each exam in A-2.
- Notify staff whether instructor will bring exam or division office pick up is needed.
- Schedule exam times 48 hours (2 school days) in advance of exam.
- Schedule taped exam 72 hours (3 school days) in advance of exam.
(Note: Exam accommodations may be provided by instructor in equally quiet setting.)
USING ADAPTIVE COMPUTERS FOR EXAMS
- Schedule computer time when scheduling exam time.
- Show evidence that you are trained.
- For adaptive computer training and certification:
- Get referral from Disability Specialist.
- Take referral to Adaptive Technology Specialist.
- Complete training at least one week before exam.
- Be prepared to work independently.
Request Pop Quiz handout from staff in A-2.
PICK UP EXAM ACCOMMODATION FACULTY CHECKLIST
- Pick up exam checklist from A-2.
- Complete student portion of checklist.
- Give to instructor to complete.
- Return completed checklist to A-2 before exam time.
- Drop off exam to A-2 before exam time (Instructor responsibility).
- Bring exams needing to be taped to A-2 at least one week prior to exam (Instructor responsibility).
- Pick up of exam is at Division Office, 24 hours prior to exam.
ALLOW EXTRA TIME
- Day of exam
- Arrive early to allow for any delays or problems.
- Sign in at A-2 and let staff know you have an exam appointment.
- Present picture ID to proctor at exam time.
- Consider exam accommodation needs when scheduling classes.
STANDARDIZED ASSESSMENT PLACEMENT AND GRADUATION TESTS
- Present accommodation form at Assessment Center.
- Schedule exam time in A-2
- Pick up and return of exam to Assessment Center is by Adaptive Testing Center Staff.
Bring Picture ID on the day of exam.
Notify test proctor to use restroom.
Leave test materials and personal items in Adaptive Test Center.
Break is noted on Proctoring Data Card, and exam time is adjusted accordingly.
SPECIAL NEEDS OR PROBLEMS
Notify staff of any special needs or accommodations when scheduling exam time.
Notify staff of any difficulty with provided accommodations during exam.
Students are responsible for :
- Canceling exam appointment 24 hours in advance.
- Rescheduling exam with instructor and Adaptive Test Center
Exam is returned to instructor unless otherwise directed by faculty.
- Enter & leave quietly - other students are testing.
- Food/drink allowed only with memo from doctor (prearranged).
- To talk or take a break, contact proctor.
- Earplugs and ear protectors are recommended.
- Exams are closely monitored (staff enters area often).
- If cheating occurs, the exam is stopped-Faculty member is notified and all materials are held for faculty action.