Puente students will:
- Develop reading and writing skills
- Meet professionals in our community
- Learn strategies for success in college and in life
- Make university contacts
- Create a successful transfer plan
- Make new friends
- Visit college campuses
- Network with students from throughout northern California
- Participate in culturally-enriching activities
- Succeed academically
- Are recognized as leaders and scholars
- Graduate from four-year colleges and universities
- Belong to a statewide network of leaders and professionals
Puente Home Page
Here is what Puente Students Have to say:
"I value the fact that our class is very close. We do a lot of readings about people like us and we write about ourselves. I like the fact that I can relate to all the topics."
"The most valuable part is the student discussions and learning about Mexican culture."
"We learn and have fun at the same time."
"The most valuable part of this class is that we are like a familia and we learn a lot because we get to know each other very well."