Nutrition Associate in Science Degree
Sacramento City College’s Family and Consumer Science Department offers a rigorous nutrition degree program that is broad enough to prepare the student for further study in a variety of nutrition areas including: nutrition science research, food science and technology, dietetics, industry and many other exciting nutrition related fields.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate independent learning and effective communication skills.
- explain the principles of nutrition and its affects on health.
- assess the various sources of nutrition information and demonstrate where to find reliable nutrition information.
- analyze a diet for adequacy, balance and moderation.
- demonstrate an understanding of the relationships between chemistry, biology and nutrition.
The required program plus one of the transfer paths is required for an associate degree. Note that the transfer programs share the same required program course work. A transfer is not required to get an A.S. degree in Nutrition at Sacramento City College.
FCS 342 or NUTRI 310; FCS 346 or ECE 415 or NUTRI 320
Published on June 13th, 2012