SC2 mαth lαb Resources
|Back to math lab page|
Resources in the Math Lab library include textbooks, solutions manuals, lecture videos, a variety of math/stat handouts, and calculators. Most of the lab’s library resources are available for use in the lab only.
For easy access to resources, make requests at the Clerk Desk, have your student access card available, know the course, author and edition number of the relevant textbook, and know your instructor’s name.
Below is the list of resources including the Lab check-out policy.
Lab Resources for using in the Lab
• Textbooks for current courses math and related topics (chemistry, physics, statistics, …)
• Student Solutions Manuals for most textbooks
• Instructor Solutions Manuals, on a limited basis for Math textbooks
• Video Lectures for several math and stat textbooks
• Calculators, headphones and a modest variety of math/stat handouts and graph paper
• Computers are available for using interactive sites, various freeware and viewing lectures online
• Limited printing of math-related documents (5 page max per day)
Ø A current student ID card and enrollment in the Math Lab are required
Lab Resources for using outside the Lab
• Calculators for use in SCC classrooms
• Video Lectures for several old-edition math and stat books, for use at home
Ø A current student ID card, and a signed Math Lab contacts card are required
Popular & Free Websites for use in the Lab or out
• Problems to practice and sharpen skills!
* InteractMath…a large selection of math/stat practice problems
* TuxMath…an amusing game involving arithmetic facts
• Lectures to Hear and View …preview/review ideas, theory and techniques
* Khan Academy ...for Chemistry, Math and Physics
* iTunes U …for lectures from universities
iTunes U …app