VOCABULARY WORDS - ENGLISH 71 and 74
from Advancing Vocabulary Skills Townsend Press
Can you define these words?
Click in the white box, type your definition, and then click the "Answer" button.
1. DISSIPATE in "The poison gas dissipated after it began to rain."
2. INCAPACITATE in "The automobile accident incapacitated me for only a short time."
3. HIERARCHY in " Joan placed honesty first in her hierarchy of characteristics for a husband."
4. SOLACE in "After the death of her dog, she received solace from many friends."
5. TRANSGRESS in "Even the most serious dieters transgress once in awhile."
How did you do? If you missed a lot, try the words taught in English 200B. If you missed a few you might benefit from English 71 or 74. If you got them all correct, try the words taught in English 4.
Reading Home Courses Faculty Resources Lang/Lit Home