VOCABULARY WORDS - ENGLISH 4
from Advanced Word Power Townsend Press
Can you define these words?
Click in the white box, type your definition, and then click the "Answer" button.
1. ALTERCATION in "Because of the altercation the two men never spoke to each other again."
2. CONVIVIAL in "Her convivial personality led many people to speak highly of her."
3. IMMUTABLE in "The millionaire was immutable. Even his employees tried to get him to alter his position."
4. OBTUSE in "Her boyfriend was too obtuse to understand her subtle message."
5. SCRUTINIZE in "The people scrutinized the candidate's voting record."
How did you do? If you missed a few you might benefit from English 4. If you missed a lot, try the words taught in English 71 or 74.
Reading Home Courses Faculty Resources Lang/Lit Home