VOCABULARY WORDS - ENGLISH 200A
from Building Vocabulary Skills Townsend Press
Can you define these words?
Click in the white box, type your definition, and then click the "Answer" button.
1. ARROGANT in "The boss is so arrogant. He treats us all like his personal servants."
2. DOGMATIC in "She is so dogmatic she can't help telling us what we should think."
3. GESTURE in "Randy's gesture said it all. We knew what he wanted even if he didn't say anything."
4. MANIA in "A mania for neatness drives many husbands and wives crazy."
5. SURPASS in "Will you surpass your goal of collecting $10,000?"
How did you do? If you missed any you might benefit from English 200A. If you got them all correct, try the words taught in English 200B.
Reading Home Courses Faculty Resources Lang/Lit Home