The disability resource center at Sacramento city college is looking for volunteers!
Why be a volunteer?
Volunteers provide services that contribute to a student’s academic success and college experience.
Volunteers provide support services that offer students with disabilities the opportunity to participate fully in
all aspects of college programs and activities. Other benefits include:
- Free training
- Work experience
- Community service
- Add to your resume (we'll document your hours)
What kinds of opportunities are available?
- Notetaker: Attends class with student and provide neatly written summary/notes of class
lectures to student after class.
- Scribe: Writes for in-class assignments and, if assigned, write for exams and quizzes at the
DRC Proctored Testing Center. Scribes will write only what is dictated to them by the student.
- Reader: Reads print materials in-class and/or during exams.
- Lab Assistant: Helps gather, setup, and clean materials.
- Exam Proctor: Monitors students while they are taking their exams at the Proctored Testing
Center, schedules exam appointments and pick up/delivers exams.
- Adapted P.E. Student Assistant: Assists the instructor in working with students taking
Adapted P.E. courses.
- Assistive Technology Computer Lab Assistant: Assists students with a variety of
computer accommodations and answers questions regarding various software programs (i.e. JAWS, ZoomText, Kurzweil)
and hardware (i.e. TrackBall, Scanners, Intellikeys Keyboard).
- Alternate Media Assistant: Assist the Alternate Media Specialist with converting course
materials into accessible formats (i.e. Braille, Tactile Graphics, Electronic Text, large print).
- Clerical Assistant: Performs a variety of general office functions such as, but not limited to,
answering phones, providing program information, schedule appointments.
How can I become a volunteer for the DRC?
To become a volunteer, please fill out a volunteer application at the DRC.
We are located in temporary buildings 8 and 9 (Behind the fine arts building).
Volunteer applications are also available for download here.
Return all volunteer applications to Fong Vang at the DRC. For more information, call Fong at 916-650-2792 or email him at