Upcoming Training Opportunities
Got FLEX? Take a workshop or online tutorial and learn about accessibility issues on campus!
Online Web Accessibility Tutorial
DARE to Care: Disability Accommodations tRaining Environment Tutorial
FALL 2006 FLEX: Wednesday August 16, 2006
Introduction to Alternate Media and Web Accessibility
Presenter: Janelle Pettler
Location: LR 121
Time: 2:00pm — 3:30pm
Learn about the alternate media services available to SCC students with disabilities, as well as the basics of Web Accessibility! Topics to be covered are:
- The 5 types of alternate media produced on campus for SCC students with disabilities:
- Electronic text (etext)
- Tactile graphics
- Large print
- Books-on-CD (MP3 audio format)
- What is the college’s obligation to provide alternate media?
How do students request it?
- What can faculty do to help students who use alternate media succeed?
- What is “Web Accessibility” and how is it important to students with disabilities who access the internet?
- How can faculty make their web pages more accessible to these students?